The FCACC Board of Directors has proposed revisions to the current bylaws. These changes will be voted on during the Annual Meeting on Sunday, Nov. 14, 2021 at 2 PM in the Champaign Public Library, Robeson Rooms A & B. Here is a synopsis of proposed changes:
- The purposes of FCACC have been clarified.
- The terminology of “member” of FCACC has been eliminated and replaced with “supporter” of FCACC.
- New members of the 9-person Board of Directors will be elected by the current Board rather than by vote of “FCACC members” attending the annual meeting. The 3-year term of new directors will begin with the start of the fiscal year.
- Any future amendments to the bylaws will be made by two-thirds vote of the Board of Directors rather than by two-thirds vote of “FCACC members” attending the Annual Meeting.
- The fiscal year has been defined as January 1 – December 31.
- The format and order of sections has been cleaned up.
To read the current bylaws click on this link: Bylaws 2017 rev.
To read the complete proposed bylaws, click on this link: Bylaws draft 2021